Pets Are Welcome...With Some Rules...
Since we have cats of our own, we understand how difficult it is to leave your pet
at home while you are traveling. As such, we operate a pet-friendly inn, and are happy to welcome your canine companion.
During your stay, a visiting dog will have unrestricted access to most of the inn's common areas. Access to the commercial kitchen,
other guest rooms and the innkeepers' quarters is prohibited. During meal times, we "may" allow your canine companion to join you in the dining room,
depending upon our occupancy level and other guest preferences during your visit - please enquire upon arrival. To avoid potential pet-to-pet confrontations,
our "normal" policy is to allow only one guest with a pet on the premises at any given time. This policy may occasionally be waived for pets that have
previously stayed with us, or for families traveling together with pets that are already familiar with one another. With pet availability limited to only
one room at a time, our approval to accept your pet MUST be obtained at the time you book your reservation!
Since there are feline hosts on-site, we unfortunately cannot accept visiting cats.
Even though we love pets, we must take into consideration all of our guests when accepting pet reservations. Therefore, we have the
following very important policies, and also request that normal pet etiquette be followed:
- We do not accept puppies. While exceedingly cute, they aren't old enough to understand the rules! All dogs must be at least
1 year old, and either neutered or spayed.
- We only accept well-travelled, well-behaved and non-destructive pets. We NEVER charge extra for pets; however, we do expect restitution in the
unlikely event that a visiting pet causes damage to our property.
- In consideration of all our guests, we do not accept dogs that bark excessively. If you think your dog will bark when it hears
another guest passing your doorway at night or when it sees a deer in the backyard, alternate accommodations should be
- THIS ONE IS MOST OVERLOOKED, SO PLEASE NOTE - We are not a certified pet boarding facility. Therefore, you may not leave your pet unsupervised in your
room while you go out for the day. This policy includes pet crating! We do not believe that leaving a pet alone in unfamiliar surroundings is friendly or
fair to the animal and, as such, do not condone this practice.
- If you need boarding facilities while you are away from the inn, two very good, local options are available for Doggie Day Care. Lucky Dog Day Care
(802-496-5944) in East Warren has a pick-up and drop-off service which is really convenient. Our local vet, Mad River Veterinary
Service (802-496-7272), is just three doors down, and provides day care, as well as emergency services.
- Your assistance in cleaning up after your pet while on our property is greatly appreciated. We have 3+ acres on which your pets
can roam. Many of our garden perennials are very sensitive to pet urine, so please encourage them to "go" elsewhere. Your
innkeepers (who are also the gardeners...) and our plants will thank you.
- We reserve the right to request alternate overnight care for your pet if the situation warrants.